A few randoms:
1. Tomorrow, my students will be debating the merits of Muslim women wearing the veil. Strange lesson for English class, maybe, but fits right into Persepolis.
2. Today was a better day with the 9th graders. It's really up and down. They want to do well.
3. I've been exhausted lately. It's probably waking up at 4:30. I'm good about going to bed at 10, though.
4. My seniors are having more problems with James Baldwin than I remember previous classes having.
5. Five more school days until Thanksgiving. I really wish I worked in a district that gave Wednesday off, or at least a half day.
When Freedom Threatens Social Stability - George Packer enumerates a long list of “technological advances that make life easier, tastier, more entertaining, healthier, longer; and socio-political c...
6 minutes ago