1. I'm finding it less interesting to blog here when I have Facebook and can mini-blog in my status update every day. You should friend me if you miss EiB.
2. I don't really want to do the "25 Things" viral forward on Facebook, so I'm doing it here.
3. I just discovered that almost all the bad things on my credit comes off in 8/2009. That's awesome.
4. I also discovered a $75 parking ticket from Rehobeth Beach that I had no idea about.
5. I'm burning through The Sopranos right now and wish I had someone to talk to about it next to the water cooler the next morning. It's really good, even though I don't think it holds a candle to The Wire.
6. (Spoiler.) I accidentally read on a wikipedia entry that Tony will eventually kill Chris. OMG.
7. The other interesting thing I found out was that the actor who played Jackie, Jr. (Jason Cerbone) was also the boy in Suzanne Vega's "Luka" video.
8. I saw a cool show at Teavolve with my new favorite local band, Nelly's Echo. Or, at least, 2nd favorite band. I saw a really cool show with them (Caleb Stine and the Brakemen) at Ram's Head Live.
9. I loved Slumdog Millionaire. Loved it. Can't decide what my favorite Best Picture nominee is this year - loved Benjamin Button, and loved Milk. Still need to see the other two.
10. I'm realizing that Holden's age 6-10 years or so are the best years he'll give me. He's an awesome dog, and middle age is an awesome age for a dog. He turns 9 this year.
11. I went to the inauguration and it was awesome.
12. I am searching for a new office chair on Craig's List, but I might just head to Staples today and see if I can get another cheap $50 floor model.
13. I have no idea if I'm going to buy a house or a car first. Still. I have about $3K of credit card debt to eliminate first and only have about $1K of savings.
14. My new hypothetical vehicle? A Jeep Compass. I kind of want a small-ish SUV, and the Compass is fairly cheap, and is 4-cylinder so that mileage is good. And I think they look cool. I might go much smaller and cheaper, though. Been thinking about a Pontiac Vibe maybe. Or another Pontiac G8 (I have a Grand Am now and have loved it). Dark horse: A Ford Mustang.
15. I'm going to buy American. Two cousins are out of work from the auto industry right now, and i feel like it's ethically wrong to buy foreign. Plus I'm hoping there will be some good deals with the domestics.
16. Yesterday, we were dismissed early from school, so we went to Joe Squared, drank wine and ate pizza all afternoon. Good times.
17. I am completing a massive process of whittling around 2000 CDs down to 500, and uploading all of them. I still don't know how to back them up, but at least I'm going through them, and finding songs I haven't heard in years and years.
18. Am reading The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao right now.
19. Am loving new CDs from John Legend and Alice Smith right now.
20. Just discovered a new musical artist who is blowing me away - K'Naan. He's like a Nigerian Eminem. If you have a chance, listen to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBbR9YlNnyA.
21. I am considering seeing Mos Def at Rams Head Live on 2/25. Anyone want to go?
22. I think I'm scheduling another house concert in the next month or so.
23. Still no girlfriend. I had a good run in November/December. Thinking about joining Match.com. Disappointed at opportunities that have passed me by. I'm sort of getting old.
24. Mostly loving not having a second job. Soemtimes I have too much time on my hands that I waste. Went in there after a few drinks the other night and had a great time talking to old friends and possibly agreeing to work again. They haven't followed up, which is good. I must be strong.
25. My next karaoke performance will be "Bad, Bad Leroy Brown" by Jim Croce.
An Islamist Beheading In Britain, Ctd - Greenwald refuses to label the beheading in London “terrorism,” calling it just another attempt to stir paranoia against Muslims: [T]he term at this point ...
20 minutes ago