1. It was a long week, but an accomplished one: I held a baseball pre-season meeting and did a bunch of work in getting the season set up. I finally finished all my grades and turned them in on time. Lessons were just okay, but the 9th graders were really into Dead Man Walking (shown to set up the themes of A Lesson Before Dying) and the Juniors are hard at work at their link papers.
2. I made it to the gym for a 6am-7:30am workout every day last week, and really hope I can keep it up. I usually can make it the first couple of days, but am derailed once I have to wait tables, or by Friday, when my sleep deprivation kicks my butt. But this week, I made it every day, including Friday, for the first time all year.
3. I was pretty exhausted by the time Friday afternoon rolled around, though, and my energy during Happy Hour was pretty low. I headed in early, and was asleep by 9pm. That's okay.
4. I was out at Joe Squared yesterday, and a couple lit cigarettes right by our table, and I just remembered thinking, "Ahhh... this will probably be the last time this happens, eh?" and my hands and coat smelling like smoke because a minority wants to smoke will be a thing of the past. Feb. 1 couldn't come quicker.
5. Gosh, I hope Obama wins today and, more importantly, I hope Clinton comes in 3rd. We need to get in the way of that momentum she's got. I've always been lukewarm about Bill Clinton, but I pretty much hate him for how he's run this campaign now. Hillary, I like more.
No Contest - Richard Linklater‘s Before Midnight, which opens Friday, has one of the all-time-highest Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic scores. Todd Phillips‘ The Hangover...
1 hour ago