1. What a disappointing election day. 28% turnout, a landslide victory for Sheila Dixon, and losses for Sarbanes and Carter. I didn't have my hopes up so they're not dashed. I believe things will have to get worse for them to get better.
2. I taught my heart out today, only sitting down for lunch and to write a quiz. At the end of the day, my left foot (the good one) hurt worse than the right foot. I don't know what to do; I clearly cannot sit down during my job, and it's not like I'm out there trying to run a marathon. I'm exercising every day, and am probably on my feet more than the average person, but I don't think I've done anything to deserve the sort of pain that I'm experiencing. Apparently, I was just born with bad feet, or bad cartilage, or something like that. I called my podiatrist, but that Jewish holiday that begins with "R" that I can't spell is tonight through the end of the week, so I probably won't hear back until next week. It sucks, but I'm still staying active by lifting weights and going onthe eliptical.
3. The instructor didn't show up until 7:05 today, and I was so excited that maybe we wouldn't have class. Nope. He showed up.
4. If computers were in front of me during lectures in my undergraduate days, I probably wouldn't have graduated. I'm surfing like crazy. A couple people are sleeping.
5. I'm going to utilize university resources today to print out a 67-page document. I also might steal a chair for my classroom.
6. (That last part was a joke.)
7. I have a lot of work to do in the next 36 hours. So much reading and writing... deadline for submission is Thursday at midnight. I might hit it at 11:57.
8. I finally found free parking at Towson. 3 weeks in a row, it's been available. No $75 tickets this year!
9. I really believe The House of the Spirits is one of the most enjoyable books that I teach. It's so funny, but also dark and moving at times. I've enjoyed inhabiting the world of the text, for the third time.
10. That's all I have for you. My mind is pretty scattershot these days.
NL Notes: Amarista, Nationals, Morse, Krol - Here are a few National League notes as we head into the weekend: Padres utilityman Alexi Amarista has switched his representation to Martin Arburua, tweets ...
2 hours ago