1. As a longtime hater of Barry Bonds, I have to say that the hatred against him right now is overdone. Yes, he almost certainly took performance-enhancing drugs, as did several other star players (and pitchers, significantly). But he was also a great player before and after it. He doesn't deserve to shoulder the hate of the world right now.
2. That being said, one of the things that gives me pleasant thoughts during this time is that at least I know that Alex Rodriguez will break the record in another six years or so. Wouldn't it be great if he took his option to leave the Yankees - those fans just don't deserve him - and signed with the Tigers?
3. Speaking of which, the Yankees are scaring the crap out of me right now. Why can't they just go away for a year? Same for the Twins.
4. The Tigers' lackluster play over the last two weeks is scaring the crap out of me and breaking my heart a little.
5. I hate to say this, but Hillary Rodham Clinton is impressing the crap out of me lately. I'm still all for Barack, but HRC is running a very effective campaign right now, and saying all the right things as far as I'm concerned.
6. It is pretty evident that Keiffer Mitchell's as slippery as a snake (there has been other stuff as well, like some shady real estate dealings someone cornered him about on The Ed Norris Show). I don't think he's as slippery as Sheila Dixon, but still pretty slippery. I really hope that Jill Carter gains some traction in the mayor race. That woman kicks ass and takes names. I will not vote for her if it's like a Nadar vote in 2000, but, if she has a chance, I'm first in line. (But look at that sad little video on her website. How many people are there? 12?)
Draft Signings: Adrian De Horta - Here are today's notable draft notes and Day 2/Day 3 signings (all slot info courtesy of Baseball America)... The Padres have agreed to terms with eighth-rou...
44 seconds ago