1. I really want to see Pan's Labrynth but going to the movies on a Saturday night alone seemed kind of depressing. I don't mind matinees alone, but not weekend night movies. I also have several students that frequent my favorite movie theater and that would be an embarassing sighting.
2. I had plans with a friend tonight but got stood up a bit. I needed a quiet night anyway.
3. It was so cold today that I almost considered not feeding my meter even though my car was literally parked right in front of the restaurant. Going outside was almost painful.
4. I worked 8-5 today, and 9-5 tomorrow. Some weekend.
5. I really can't complain because my $$ situation is more dire than it's been in years right now. I made $117 last night but only $60 today. Still, it was enough to cover rent.
6. I'm broke because I paid tuition at the end of December. It was expensive. I paid cash - no loans at all. I'll be hurting for a couple of months or so because of it, but it was worth it not having any loan hanging over my head. I also had to get $400 in tires for my car, plus get through the holidays. I'm also just trying to pay off bills that need to be paid off.
7. 30 Rock is the first new show that's managed to hold my attention for 3 episodes or more since 24 grabbed me in season 1. But, then again, I think Tina Fey is the perfect woman.
8. By the way, if you ask for a table that's big enough for your computer, and you're at a nice restaurant, and I accomondate you, putting the two of you at a 4-person table, and bring up your three separate courses that you split, and then copiously refill your water glasses for the next three hours while you take up one of my tables, and while I small-talk with you because you seem nice, and then, when I have your check all run up, you ask for another drink, meaning another new hand-written check... well, you should probably have left me more than $10.70 on $76. Bitches.
9. First disappointment of the YMCA: they're only open 10-7 on Sundays. I can't go tomorrow because I'm working 9-5. If they had opened at 7, I could have got a nice little workout in. Guess I'll be Bally-ing it tomorrow night.
10. I'm primed and ready for a snow or ice day on Monday. Or at least a delay. Please?
11. This is freakin' hilarious:
“Something Happens…” - Frances Ha director-cowriter Noah Baumbach speaking candidly (as far as that goes) with HuffPost’s Ricky Camilleri about…well, Frances Ha and Baumbach’s te...
22 minutes ago