1. It was a long, long week, and it was only four days long. Every day until today, I was at school until 7, and last night was an 8:30 night. So I guess I deserve to be tired.
2. Today, I decided I really want to go to the NCTE conference (National Council of Teachers of English) in Nashville this November. It costs a few hundred to go, though, not including travel and hotel expenses. Still, it seems like something I should do as I try to become more and more of a professional at my job.
3. Along with two other colleagues, I'm set to speak at the conference. But it's looking more and more like funding will not occur, so I'm not sure if my colleagues will be going. Or, heck, if I'm going. I'm certainly not rich. But I still want to.
4. Every Friday afternoon, we go out for Happy Hour. Usually it's Brewer's Art, but today we switched it up and went to Thirsty Dog. I hadn't been in a while, and I just fell in love all over with that place again. I also got a cute girl's number. Not a bad night.
5. Tomorrow, all day, I'll be selling pierogi and holushi at the Ukrainian Festival in Patterson Park. I'll be making five bucks an hour, tax free. I'm actually excited about it, though. I get to wear a ball-cap, t-shirt, and shorts.
Quick Hits: Gose, Dodgers, Relief Market - The Blue Jays announced today they've recalled 22-year-old outfielder Anthony Gose, who has a .227/.343/.325 line playing center field at Triple-A. Gose, who...
13 minutes ago