1. Two of my closest friends are done with Baltimore as of this week, one off to Minnesota and the other to Costa Rica. I'm in total denial about it, and don't know when it will hit me.
2. We lost our championship softball game tonight. I made the final out of the season. It wasn't that big of a deal, though, as we were down 15-7.
3. I'm mulling over options for my big birthday extravaganza on Tuesday. I could do Thirsty Dog, and I'm leaning towards it, as I do love it, but I don't have much love for Federal Hill, nor do I want all my friends to have to go all the way down there. Brewer's Art is awesome, but I just went there tonight. Those are my two favorite Baltimore bars. But maybe I should choose somewhere I don't go that often, since it is a special occasion. A guy doesn't turn 29 every day.
4. Last year for my birthday, I was on the Outer Banks. Ah. A week on the beach would hit the spot right now. Instead, I'm teaching Summer Bridge, which means tomorrow morning I'll be teaching the lesson I planned for the 10th time. Yes, ten times. It's a bang-up lesson, but doing something ten times gets pretty boring.
5. Bobby showed up at the house tonight late. He came up to Baltimore because an extended family member promised him some spending money to get him through the month, but she forgot to go to the bank so he didn't get any. His train goes back to UMD at 6:40 tomorrow morning. Oh my gosh. 6:40. That's really freaking early that I'll be waking up to drive him there, then putting some cash in his hand. The only thing is, I haven't been paid since July 4 and the Amazon.com payment still hasn't come through yet. They let him get a job at the end of the month and he's looking forward to it.
6. Imagine being in your house, trying to fall asleep at 12:30 in the morning, and hearing an unexpected knock on your bedroom door. My heart is still racing.
“A New Golden Age Of Maps” - Will Oremus heralds it: Once the province of big, professional operations like Rand McNally and National Geographic, cartography is becoming a more democra...
16 minutes ago