Random Veterinarian visit facts:
1. Tobey has gained four pounds since Fool saved his life by rushing him to the vet for an emergency urinary tract unblockage in March. Since he only weighs 14 pounds, this is a big deal.
2. Holden weighed 77 pounds back in May of 2003. He now weighs 78 pounds. He might be chunky, but at least he's a steady chunky.
3. The horrible whine coming from Holden's mouth as three vet technicians held him down for his shots and toe clipping was amongst the worst sounds I've ever heard. It compared with the internal whine in my own head when the final bill of $320 was presented to me.
4. Even though I already spent $320 there, the vet wants me to come back for dual teeth cleanings by the end of February. Or, by the end of the 20% off special. I don't think I can afford it, though.
5. Tobey is really sulking right now after all those shots. Holden even seems a little upset. I need to go have a drink. What a way to spend a Friday afternoon, after a week filled with conflicts with parents. Well, two of them. That's still a lot.
The Best of The Dish Today - At lunch with my closest high school friend today, Larkin’s poetry came up. He’s not a chap prone to strong emotion and yet he told me the poems had such a...
1 hour ago