1. The restaurant's christmas party is tonight at 10pm. 10pm! I can barely stay awake until 10pm, let alone start a party at this time. I'm kind of sick, so I'm going to make a cameo and leave.
2. I am considering putting in my month's notice at the restaurant right after New Year's.
3. A student I had a few years ago came back to the school today. The first words out of her mouth were, "Mr. Epiph got fat!" I'm serious. You all think I'm obsessed with this, which I am, but it doesn't help being around people with no tact at all. I'm used to it from students, but an alum?
4. What I want my union to fight for is not to make sure our school day doesn't get any longer, but to make sure we're never again made to teach the entire week before Christmas up through the 23rd. Everyone is primed to be off right now.
5. I worked myself into getting my first cold of the year. I hope it doesn't get worse.
6. The house is an abomination.
7. I'd like to leave by 6am on Saturday morning.
8. The house is so cold without heat that my Clementine oranges on the counter shriveled up.
9. I'm used to being cold all the time now, though. Tonight, with the temperature up a little on the outside, I might not have the heat on even if the pilot light would stay lit. That being said, this cold weather sucks.
10. I am so ready to get out of this city for a few days.
11. My good classroom story of the day: A kid found a $100 bill on my classroom floor and turned it into me. Another kid swore it was his, a Christmas gift from his grandfather. I called home, and the kid's story checked out with the mom's without my prompting. I gave the $100 back to the kid with a stern talk about what an idiot he was for bringing it to school and putting it in his sock. I called the other kid's mom to tell her the story of his honest act.
Living To Blog The Tale - Ars Technica writer Jason Marlin describes a recent hair-raising experience: I was getting ready to dive back into work when the storm really picked up. “A...
24 minutes ago