1. Ahhhh. A 2-hour delay. I'm going into school early for some peaceful working time.
2. I'm annoying everyone at school with my Christmas music.
3. I feel a little like I'm living in midievil times when I realize I'm living in a state that allows capital punishment. It just makes me ill. If Arnold Schwarzenegger allows that ex-gang leader guy to die later this month, I will be so angry. He clearly is still a benefit to society, as he writes children's books and speaks out against joining a gang. I cannot believe it's even being considered. I cannot believe the death penalty is even legal.
5. Last Monday, I waited on five people and made $26. This Monday, I waited on five people and made $26. Consistently horrible Monday nights, but for very different reasons - the post-Thanksgiving blues of last week, and the "snow storm" of last night. Here's hoping tonight is better. I'm working an awful lot this week because of holiday parties and the ilk.
6. Tonight is also the tree-trimming party at the restaurant. It was a favor to schedule me by the boss because he knew I'd have to be out late anyway for the tree-trimming party and meeting beforehand. The tree-trimming party usually involves a lot of wine and a lot of taking direction from owner, who is very particular about her Christmas decorations. It's usually pretty fun. I'm probably not going to partake in the wine and try to duck out as early as I can.
7. I'm almost positive my little sister and I accidentally switched contact lenses when she came down for Thanksgiving because I can't see for shit since she left. She swears it's not the case, but I'm almost 100% sure. I'm going to the eye doctor today to get my prescription filled. I was about due, anyway.
8. My mirror is still dangling. That sucks. The woman who hit me is not returning calls to my insurance company and I think I'm just going to get the damn thing taken care of.
9. This is one of my favorite times of the year - baseball's winter meetings. There should be a flurry of exciting activity over the next few days. I'm hoping the Tigers won't give anyone a crazy huge contract that we'll be saddled with for years, but I'm also hoping they make some good moves. So far, they've done nothing this off-season. Even less than the Orioles, who at least now have Mazzone.
No Contest - Richard Linklater‘s Before Midnight, which opens Friday, has one of the all-time-highest Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic scores. Todd Phillips‘ The Hangover...
3 hours ago