A few quick updates from New York City, while I wait for my friend to apply her makeup so we can head off to Ellis Island where we plan to spend a couple of hours.
1. I was apparently more desperate than $50 for my laundry to get done. I'm embarfassed by how much it cost me to have my 130 pounds of laundry washed, but I don't think they've ever been washed so well. I used a laundry service. I hope to never have to laundromat every again; my new landlord tells me that a new washer and drier will be in by Thanksgiving.
2. Yesterday sped by with me never falling out of my good mood. Even though another Sox team won the World Series, nothing could bring me down. Today is my first day off since August 19. It's an amazing feeling.
3. The bus ride took almost exactly three hours - a touch less. $20 to get from Baltimore to NYC. I still can't believe how easy and cheap that trip is.
4. My friend who we're staying with has an apartment two blocks from Times Square. It's a studio, so we're a little crammed in, but it's a beautiful place and so far we've had a good time.
5. I have a couple of funny school stories to tell from Thursday but I'll have to hold off - the makeup is applied and we're ready to go.
6. Every time I think of New York City in my head, I think of those Pace salsa commercials where the guys can't believe the competitors' salsas were made in New York City. "New York City?!?" Yup. That's where I am.
Five Days Left - I was going to give Takashi Miike‘s Straw Shield (Wara No Tate) a try, but a colleague told me it wasn’t reviewed all that favorably when it opened last mo...
52 minutes ago