Questions I thought some readers might be able to help me with...
1. For her 25th birthday (Oct. 31), my sister has asked to have her cat fixed. She's a strugging college student and adopted an abandoned cat and it needs shots and to be spayed. However, she lives in Michigan. Beyond just giving her cash (and I wouldn't even be sure how much it is), does anyone have any thoughts on how to do this? Are there any national veterinary services that I could buy a gift certificate for that I could purchase online or here, yet she could use in Grand Rapids? Does Petsmart do this?
2. On blogger, you can apparently now post photos without having to link to an outside server. There is a photo icon on the page when you're adding an entry, and instructions say to push it and a window will pop up and you can just do it easily. However, I've tried this over and over, and nothing pops up. I've turned off pop-up blockers, and this hasn't helped. Does anyone actually use this blogger feature? Does it work?
3. If I fill up my flickr account, deleting photos at will does not seem to help to make them show up again. Is the only thing I can do is buy the year long membership for $24.95 a day? I'd do this, but I worry I'd fill up that. It's not like I even take a lot of photos, and my monthly limit filled up right away.
4. I just discovered iTunes. I thought it was just a service to buy individual tracks off albums and put them on your iPod (which I don't have). Now I realize I can put all my CDs on iTunes and make mixed CDs from them. The one thing I'm lost about is how to get iTunes to recognize that a new CD has been put in. It doesn't work if I just put it in there, and I've got to jump through a whole bunch of hoops to get it to recognize new CDs. Any tips there?
5. I'm meeting some friends at the Book Festival in a few minutes. Where should we eat lunch? Where should we park?
A Poem For Saturday - 2013 marks the centennial of May Swenson’s birth and to celebrate The Library of America has just published May Swenson: Collected Poems, the first compreh...
28 minutes ago