1. I give. I'm already excited.
2. My legs feel like they're dead. I could barely squeak out two miles today. I don't know what it is. Maybe some sort of plateau I have to push through.
3. Mowing was a job and a half today.
4. Had quite a bit of bird drama when completing #3. I ran over a particularly thick and tall chunk of lawn, when this young robin flew out at me. Startled, I shut off the mower and was relieved that I didn't hit the bird. But he couldn't fly and was hopping around and chirping plaintively. I looked around for a nest, but there were no trees around for it to have fallen out of. This bird looked as though it was hours from its first actual flight, so he wasn't helpless, but I didn't think it could fend for itself. I didn't know what to do. I tried to catch it, but it hopped through the holes in the fence, which was a good thing because I didn't know what I would have done if I did catch it. Then I saw mom and dad on the telephone wire overhead. They were all chirping, trying to get me to leave. So I did. Now it's hours later and I still see the robin parents out my window, and they still seem concerned. Hopefully everything will work out okay.
5. I hate to say it, but I'm getting a little softballed out. A victory tonight will change that, I suspect. But I played last Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday, Monday, practice tomorrow, and play Thursday - wow.
6. Driving a rental car is fun. I've never taken those speedbumps on Southern Avenue so fast.
Does The Pope Read Rumi? - A reader notes the striking similarity between Francis’ words today and the legendary Persian poet and mystic, as masterfully translated by Coleman Barks a...
11 minutes ago